No biggie Markdown slideshows
Some time ago I forked biggie, a small tool to generate a slideshow from markdown. It’s called “biggie” because the slides’ text is shown as big as the screen allows.
Now, let’s make it even easier to generate slideshows from arbitrary Markdown sources!
- Go to
- Enter URL to Gist or Github file
- Get biggie-style slideshow
- Load Markdown file using Github’s API
- Split it into slides
- Render slides just like biggie
Start page with a simple form field where user can paste in an URL:
Pages that actually show rendered slideshow:
/gists/<user>/<id>[/<file>] /gists/killercup/8bb589927006471b6e4fc1b21c625bb3[/playground.rs] /github/<user>/<repo>/blob/<branch>/<filepath> /github/killercup/scribbles/blob/gh-pages/_posts/2010-02-10-paper-plane-iphone-game.md
I’d like to use this as a chance to experiment with these things:
- TypeScript 2.1
- Cycle.js with most.js (if small enough and not in the way)
- Github’s API